Why October is close to my heart?



A movie on love but not a love story.
It mediates at the same time show dichotomies between love and life. 
October will always be special and close to me. It had a long lasting impact on my mind, after watching the movie I just wanted to sit quiet and do nothing, I was pretty active but my mind was completely isolated, in a way that's meditation for me. The film talks about love but it's not a love story, it's about empathy towards people in general, Dan was never attracted to Shiuli but somehow he cared for him.
Dan was always a character who used to be fail at everything he does, a clumsy fellow who used to be dismissed by everyone around him. He was a character that everyone would joke about. But he had a heart of empathy and humane emotions which he got consumed by entirely.
Another example of his empathy can be shown when he asked people to take their feet off when sweeper was cleaning the floor, he empathized with the sweeper, We lack kindness in general, this film made me more kinder.
At the end of the movie it forces you to re evaluate what society has taught us about love. How easy is it for us to take empathy and human connection for granted? In a world where "feelings" are frowned upon, this movie teaches us, that the ability to feel makes us human.

Post a Comment

0 Comments